POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hall of Fame : OT: Re: Hall of Fame Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  OT: Re: Hall of Fame
From: Phil Clute
Date: 2 May 2000 04:59:37
Message: <390E99AB.1AF8CA77@tiac.net>
I have a little battle of the tracers going on in a
seperate group between Pov and Lightwave. I'm sort of
limited in what I can use to fight back because I was comparing
the difference between using image_maps for texture or using
pigments, normals etc.

They sent this(lightwave 6.0 btw).
http://www.tiac.net/users/pclute/oera_vw_rad.jpg
Honestly, I don't think the textures are that interesting. They're
pretty much plain colors. But it looks very believable.
I wonder though...with a tree macro, some media clouds...I don't
think this is unattainable with pov or megapov.

--
Phil
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.